Ahnya tagged the Seraph Crew with a meme. And I’m a proud Serapher, so I will give in. ‘Sides, Ahnya is adorable and not to be denied!
(These are the RL typist’s Firsts. Not Ceejays. She would be totally perplexed by many of these questions, as she lives in the year 1881.)
1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
Never went to a prom, ever in my life. Social outcast, I am.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Nope. That would have been Bruce Brown, circa third grade. What a neat kid. Wonder how he turned out?
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
Spanada. Cheap crappy wine in a jug my dad used to buy. I decided one night to try some, got mildly crocked, and then my friends showed up to take me to the hospital to visit another friend. It was tricky to not act drunk while on that visit! I was young, can’t recall exactly what age though.
4. What was your FIRST job?
Transportation coordinator at City of Hope Medical Center in California. Okay, I was a volunteer candy striper. But I LOVED it there, and for a full summer during high school, I worked 40 hours a week and had an actual responsible job. No pay, good memories, great lesson in work ethic. First actual PAYING job was making credit cards in Seattle. By hand. Typing the names and numbers, pushing each card into a tipping machine to gild the raised letters. VERY old school. Paid $1.30 an hour.
5. What was your FIRST car?
A 1947 Studebaker Land Cruiser in mint condition that my dad found for $50 at auction. Amazing car. Loved it.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
Text? That’s words written on a page to me, mister!
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
Anna, my co-worker, who is flying to Hawaii today for a family funeral.
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mrs. Sullivan. She was neato.
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
Big Bear, in the California mountains. My dad was flying, he was a private pilot and we’d hightail it up there on weekends now and then. Super fun. Even when he would stall the plane on purpose, and start hollering that we were out of gas just to freak me out. I have a wacky dad.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend and do you still talk?
Kathy, who I met in 3rd grade and was best friends with through high school. Sadly, no, we drifted apart as adults, though I do know where she ended up (breaking horses for a living) and who she married (an idiot, sadly)
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
Kathy’s house! We alternated weekends at each other’s houses for years!
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
Hmm. Thinking. Ah. Doctor Dixon, coming up the steps to my building at work. Mumbled g’mornings at each other.
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
Sue’s. Big foofy wedding that I mocked. I was a bridesmaid and hated that violet dress! Ew.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Hit the snooze alarm and stole 9 extra minutes. I was up really late last night.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Blue Oyster Cult.
16. What was the FIRST record/tape?
Record: Three Dog Night’s first album. Shaddup.
17. FIRST hospitalization?
Tonsils out at age 8. Bring on that ice cream, woo hoo!
18. FIRST foreign country you’ve been to?
Mexico, followed by Canada. I have never left my home continent, alas.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
Hmm. Jungle Book, maybe? Or was it Mary Poppins? One of those.
20. When was your FIRST detention?
6th grade. I was tearing pages out of a workbook I was supposed to be completing and throwing them away in some addled reasoning of ‘if I don’t have them I don’t have to do them.’ I had to spend my breaks working on the replacement pages.
21. Where did you FIRST meet your spouse/partner now?
On Prodigy, circa 1994. Northern Exposure forum.
22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
Lisa. Gawd, but we had fun. That was at the height of our wild-child party days. I was dating her brother, too. I really miss Lisa.
23. What did you do with your FIRST paycheck?
FED MYSELF! I was living on my own and hurting badly for munnies.